- Mushrooms are not plants.
- 200 million years older than plants.
- 7 times more species than plants.
- Breathe in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide just like humans.
- Do not contain chlorophyll or use photosynthesis like plants do.
- Shares 40 of our DNA and 60% of our RNA. Plants only share 5% of our DNA.
- Shares many of the same common pathogens as us. This is why they work so well to help balance and boost our immune system.
- Mushrooms have survived all 6 major extinction events on planet earth and are even growing inside the nuclear reactor at Chernobyl. Amazing!
The Mycelium Story
- Mycelium is like the root structure of the mushroom. Each cubic inch of soil contains up to 8 miles of mycelium.
Think about that for a moment.
- It is a microscopic neural network that functions like the original innernet and is 700 million years old. It is an intelligent network. Wow!
The Ergothioneine Story
- The best unknown cell protector and master antioxidant.
- I am now going to prove to you this bold statement.
- All of you have heard of Vitamin C
- All of you have heard of Vitamin E
- Many of you have heard of Glutathoine.
- These are the best known and main antioxidant systems of the human body.
- Ergothioneine actually recharges Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Glutathione.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Glutathione have very short half lives in the human body of only 15 sec. to 30 min.
- Ergothioneine has a half-life of 30 days. Wow that is amazing and significant.
- Now that we are a little more comfortable with Ergothioneine let’s call it Ergo for short and share some other facts that prove it is a master cell protector.
- It is concentrated in certain organs and tissues that are subject to massive and huge free radical damage.
- In liver cells that have to deal with all the toxins we encounter in today’s very toxic world. The liver is our main detoxification organ. Ergo goes after and quenches the very worst free radicals.
- Ergo protects the lens of the eye from oxidative damage from ultraviolet light.
- Ergo protects the sperm until it fertilizes the egg. Sort of important or we would not be here.
- Ergo protects the kidney cells.
- But most importantly, Ergo protects the hemoglobin in the Red Blood Cells and the myoglobin in muscle cells from free radical damage. The hemoglobin is the red stuff in the red blood cells that carries the oxygen.
- 2/3 of all the cells in our body are Red Blood Cells, about 50 trillion of them.
- Ergo has its own transporter system to carry it into our cells. The body would not have developed this special transporter system unless Ergo was very important to the body.
- Most nutrients like all the B Vitamins do not have their own special transporter systems.
- You can clearly see now why Ergo is called the best unknown cell protector and master antioxidant.
Hippocrates Concept “Let food be thy medicine and medicine thy food”
- The medicinal blend of 9 mushrooms is the most perfect Super Food
- Acts like an intelligent conductor of nature’s symphony of 2,000 to 4,000 enzymes and bioactive compounds that modulate the regulatory systems of the body.
- Functions as he ultimate adaptogen.
This is why mushrooms have been used in Chinese, Indian, and Asian cultures for 1000’s of years.
The All Star Team of Medicinal Mushrooms
- A team will beat any one superstar, but a team of superstars like the US Olympic Basketball Team is unstoppable.
- Let me introduce our 9 superstar mushroom team.
- Reishi: Known in Traditional Chinese Medicine as the “Elixir of Life” and the “Mushroom of Immortality”. Considered to be the #1 herb in the entire TCM pharmacopoeia. Over 200 unique compounds have been identified in Reishi to date.
- Cordyceps militaris: Sells for over $2,000 per pound in Hong Kong and China. A very powerful herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Reported to increase mitochondrial ATP synthesis by as much as 40%. Used by many professional athletes to increase energy, endurance and stamina and to reduce recovery time after strenuous exertion. Reported to increase the efficiency of oxygen uptake, transport and utilization. Used to increase libido and sexual vitality.
Maitake, Shiitake, Turkey Tail, Lion’s Mane, Antrodia, King Trumpet, and Royal Sun Agaricus
All 9 of these medicinal mushrooms boost and balance our immune system. Our immune system has offensive players like Natural Killer Cells and a defense which are our antibodies. They must work together to have a winning team. The medicinal mushrooms team contains a huge array of bio-active compounds that stimulate, potentiate and modulate immune function.